Sirloin w/Roasted Potatoes & Arugula Salsa Verde
Sirloin Filets With Roasted Potatoes & Arugula Salsa Verdehef, Au Courant Regional Kitchen, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 russet potatoes, washed and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and cut into ½-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
Arugula Salsa Verde*
- 3 cups arugula, finely chopped
- ¼ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- *If using a food processor, skip chopping and mincing the ingredients.
- 4 Certified Piedmontese sirloin filets
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Transfer the potatoes to a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Transfer baking sheet to the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the salsa. Combine the arugula, Parmesan cheese, garlic, capers, red wine vinegar, and lemon zest. Pulse in a food processor or mix chopped ingredients by hand until combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to use.
To cook the steaks: Add canola oil to a cast iron skillet over high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper on all sides. When the oil is just about to smoke, transfer the steaks to the pan and gently press to ensure an even surface connection. Sear until the steaks are golden-brown on the first side, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for two to three more minutes.
When the steaks are nearly cooked to desired temperature, add butter and sliced garlic to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and spoon the butter over the steaks as they finishes cooking. Serve with roasted potatoes and salsa verde over top.